Last Sunday my Stake President announced the new theme for our stake for the year 2009. As you can tell by the saying at the top, the theme is on Gratitude. One of the suggestions he made was to keep a daily journal of things you are grateful for. I have contemplated doing this for some time (many years in fact) but have never "gotten around to it". I thought that this would be a great goal to set for the year 2009. For days I have contemplated starting my "Gratitude Journal"; however, suprise...surpise I began to dread January 1st.
Today, instead of sleeping as I should have been, I was internet surfing, checking out all the blogs I follow. Nearing the end, I clicked on my own blog that I had started months ago but had yet to put even a background on it. And the idea hit me- "Why not use my blog as a daily journal? I'll have access to it daily... etc, etc. The idea made me so happy, I couldn't stay in bed. I got up, went to the grocery store (which I needed to do weeks ago) and smiled at every passer-by.
I hope that you enjoy this blog, or at the very least, make you smile. :)
kaley jean
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”
-Buddha
No comments:
Post a Comment